Thursday, October 29, 2009

Review of Speed & Power in Italy - A cycling training video like none you have ever experienced

Gino ask me to review the video and give my opinion. I had no idea what to expect, all of the other cycling workouts I have used were not very interesting, and actually they were boring. So I started the DVD with a little bit of trepidation, but I must admit that I really got into the workout and had a lot of fun while struggling up the hills and really enjoying the downhill’s! The scenery was terrific, so much so that I am planning my own cycling trip to Italy, hopefully next year!


The workout was so real, actually like being on the road in Italy. My first trip was without the music, the second, third and forth had the music and I had a lot more fun on the last the three trips. Try it both ways and see which suits you best. And remember as you are riding your bike mounted on a trainer it is a lot easier to maintain a steady heart rate on the trainer than when riding outside so be sure to make allowances for that.

I have done some Pilates, mostly on my own and the 30 minute workout that is included on the DVD was really great! I am using the workout and the ride in combination so I will be ready to ride when the snow goes away next year.

I highly recommend this training DVD, you can pick and choose the way you want to train, you can get a great Pilates workout and really enjoy a trip through the Italian country side! Hopefully you can find the time to actually fly to Italy and ride the route in person!

Linda Imle
Anchorage, Alaska

No comments: