Wednesday, February 24, 2010

76 DAYS TO GO UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR CHINA! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

My last login was in January and since then a lot has happened. First, the weather turned very cold. I love riding in the winter but I had an issue with frozen sinuses last year so I have had to be careful about riding in temperatures under 27 degrees F.

So in mid-November 2009 I decided to go to CHINA! I bought two tickets, for me and Angie, my housemate, and on May 13th we board an Alaska Airline flight to Seattle and then on to Shanghai via Asiana Airlines. The trip will take 25 hours! And that small issue is a real concern to me!

I seem to have problems sitting still and flying is a real pain because I can't move around very much and the seats are so uncomfortable they make my butt hurt. So, I am going to a hypnotist to learn how to put myself under self-hypnosis and try to sleep short periods and learn how to make myself relax. I have to remember to get up and move around and to stay hydrated. The last two items are easy the resting and sleeping is a bit more difficult.

I am not sure if I can pull off the self-hypnosis thing. I know I can zone out and make my mind go elsewhere but I don't know about getting my body, my arms and legs to relax and not feel like they are a separate part of me!

So I am now in total preparation for this trip. My mind and body will be ready and I really want to have fun on the trip and if pre-planning is good then what I am doing will really help!

On a final note, it is Feruary 22nd and Sping will come and I will be on my bike again.

No comments: